Home Health Care Services
ExpertCare offers a wide range of health care services that will be provided in your home. Individuals that are eligible for Medicare home health services must be under the care of a physician, are unable to leave the home unassisted for required medical care and have a need for skilled nursing care, physical, occupational or speech therapy services. Medicare covers 100% of qualified services. The services include:
- Skilled Nursing Care – skilled nurses trained to assist you and your physician with planning, coordinating and implementing individualized assessment, care and management.
- Physical Therapy – provide restorative techniques to improve coordination, balance, strength and mobility.
- Occupational Therapy – provide you with energy conservation techniques, adaptive devices and individualized care plans to assist in your recovery and maintaining your independence.
- Speech/Language Therapy – assists with vocal strengthening, cognitive deficits, memory recovery and other methodology to assist your recovery.
- Medical Social Services – provide assistance with community and financial resources as well as counseling services.
- Nutritional and Dietary Services – Assist in evaluating and instructing client with nutritional restrictions and dietary needs.
- Home Health Aide Assistance – provides personal care and assistance with activities of daily living.
Private Duty and Personal Care Services
ExpertCare provides Caregiving services to the senior, developmentally disabled and mentally ill communities throughout Southeast Michigan. Recognizing many individuals do better emotionally and mentally by remaining in the home, ExpertCare provides non-medical daily living support. We also provide services to seniors who reside in assisted living or group home environments. Private Duty and Personal Care services are paid by private funds, long – term insurance and other insurance policies. Private duty care can be a very affordable option for many and help improve their quality of life. Our services include:
- Personal Care – Assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, incontinence care and transferring.
- Companionship – Conversation, recreational activities, cards, games and crafts.
- Errands/Transportation – Escort to appointments, grocery shopping and post office.
- Meals and Homemaking – Meal planning and preparation, change linens, make beds, laundry care and light housekeeping.
Community Care Service Programs
ExpertCare provides services under contract through local community mental health agencies. We provide home and community support services to the developmentally disabled and mentally ill. Depending on the patient’s eligibility and financial circumstances, community mental health organizations may cover all or a portion of these services. Our services include:
- Community Living Services – Supports offered to help the person served in the following areas: meal preparation, laundry, household chores, activities of daily living, shopping for food and other necessities, money management, non-medical care, socialization and relationship building, participation in regular community activities, attendance at medical appointments, and preserving health and safety.
- Respite Care – supports offered to give the main caregiver a break. The caregiver ensures the health and safety of the client as well provides companionship and assistance as needed.
Our caregivers are well trained and go through a training before starting and then annually. Some of the classes the caregivers are trained in are CPR, FA, Recipient Rights and Universal Precautions (BBP). Universal Precautions helps stop the spread of communicable diseases and teaches things such as hand-washing technique, covering mouth with arm instead of hand and other ways to keep the person served safe from transmission of disease.