ExpertCare understands the value of training and development; placing great emphasis on facilitating training for our team. Skill development and client specific training separate our training. Our commitment toward ongoing training reflects our mission to “Help People Succeed”
Skill Development Training
Skill development training is conducted to help maintain or further skill in related areas. Some courses are required prior to providing services to a client and others are offered to facilitate growth in the employees’ profession. ExpertCare’s team of caregivers and therapists are required to take the following training classes:
- First Aid
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Limited English Proficiency
- Cultural Competency
- Recipient Rights/Client Rights
- Emergency Procedures
- Due Process / Grievance & Appeals / Medicaid Fair Hearing
- Corporate Compliance
Training Instructions and Links
- CPR/FA Blended Learning Instructions
- Limited English Proficiency (LEP) & Cultural Competency Training
- Wayne County Online Training
- Recipient Rights Update Training
- Documents to Review for BBP/Annual Update
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Livingston & Washtenaw Online Training
Please click the link below to see the directions to take the CPR/FA Blended Learning Course. The blended learning combines on-line instruction and a face-to-face skills test.
Click on the appropriate online training instructions for Limited English Proficiency (LEP) and Cultural Competency training.
The following online trainings are required for all Caregivers working in Wayne County:
- Abuse & Neglect Reporting Requirements – (every 2 years)
- Anti-Harassment & Non-Discrimination Training for Employees – (every 2 years)
- Cultural Competence/Diversity – (annually)
- HIPAA Basics – (annually)
- Limited English Proficiency (LEP) – (every 3 years)
- Medicare & Medicaid General Compliance – (annually)
- Medicaid Fair Hearing, Local Appeals & Grievances – (every 2 years)
- Person-Centered Planning & Individual Plan of Service for Direct Support Professionals (Direct Care Workers)- (annually)
- Recovery-Enhancing Environment – (only once)
Once you have completed the online training, you must provide a copy of the Certificate of Completion to ExpertCare. You can print or email the certificate to us.
To create a member login, click on How to Register for Online Training. For a tutorial on how to complete a training, click on the sample tutorials for HIPAA Basics or Abuse & Neglect Reporting Requirements.
If you are eligible to update your Recipient Rights Training on line, please follow the directions in the following document:
In-person Recipient Rights training is available through Oakland and Macomb Counties:
Maintaining Excellence and Integrity
ExpertCare focuses all decisions on “doing the right thing”. To aid employees in this endeavor, ExpertCare has a code of conduct that all are to follow.
“My experience at Expert Care has been very pleasant. Staff is always there for you when you are having issues. They are very supportive. They make sure you are aware of any trainings you need to update well ahead of needing them. They make sure you are kept up to date on any changes that are being made. They are fun, pleasant and easy to talk to.”